Types of Industrial Concrete
Industrial concrete is a vital building material used in various commercial and industrial Hobbs construction projects. This specialized form of concrete is designed to meet the specific needs of each project and can be tailored to accommodate a variety of applications. With the right mix of ingredients, industrial concrete is known for its strength, durability, and cost-effectiveness.
New Mexico Ready Mix is a top-rated provider of industrial concrete in Hobbs and Roswell, New Mexico, offering various residential and commercial services. Contact us online or call (575) 622-1186 to learn more about our products and services.
What Is Industrial Concrete?
Industrial concrete is a type of concrete that is specifically designed to withstand the harsh conditions and demands of industrial environments. It is commonly used in industrial buildings such as factories, warehouses, and power plants, where it must withstand heavy machinery, high traffic, and extreme temperatures.
One of the key characteristics of industrial concrete is its strength and durability. It is typically made with high-strength materials and special additives that improve its resistance to wear and tear and its ability to resist damage from chemicals and other harsh substances. It also has a high compressive strength, which makes it ideal for supporting heavy loads and machinery.
What Are the Type of Industrial Concrete
There are various types of industrial concrete used in the construction industry. Each industrial concrete type has unique characteristics and properties, making it suitable for specific applications.
- Reinforced Concrete: This type of industrial concrete is made by embedding steel reinforcement bars or mesh within the concrete. This improves the concrete’s strength and ability to withstand heavy loads, making it a popular choice for construction projects such as bridges, dams, and high-rise buildings.
- Lightweight Concrete: As the name suggests, this type of concrete is lighter in weight compared to traditional concrete due to the use of lightweight aggregates such as expanded clay, shale, or slate. This makes it ideal for use in applications where weight is a critical factor, such as in the construction of tall buildings or in transportation infrastructure.
- High-Strength Concrete: This type of industrial concrete is designed to have higher compressive strength than traditional concrete. It is made using a carefully selected blend of aggregates, cement, and water, which results in a concrete mix that can withstand high levels of stress and pressure. High-strength concrete is commonly used to construct tall buildings, bridges, and other structures that require superior strength and durability.
- High-Performance Concrete: Similar to high-strength concrete, high-performance concrete is designed to have superior properties such as high durability, low permeability, and high resistance to environmental factors such as corrosion and freeze-thaw cycles. It is commonly used in construction projects where long-term durability is a critical factor.
- Precast Concrete: This type of industrial concrete is manufactured in a controlled factory environment and then transported to the construction site for installation. It is made by pouring concrete into molds or forms and allowing it to cure before being transported. Precast concrete is commonly used in the construction of bridges, tunnels, and other structures where speed of construction and consistency of quality are important factors.
New Mexico Ready Mix – The Best Choice for Industrial Concrete in New Mexico
If you’re looking for high-quality industrial concrete in Roswell and Hobbs, New Mexico Ready Mix is the best choice. With a wide range of options, you’re sure to find the perfect fit for your project. Plus, our experienced team is dedicated to providing top-notch customer service and ensuring your satisfaction. Contact us online or call (575) 622-1186 today and let us help you take your project to the next level with our superior industrial and residential solutions.